[REVIEW][English] MAYBELLINE SUPER STAY BETTER SKIN CONCEALER + CORRECTOR


Hello everyone! Welcome back to my Blog!

Some information about Maybelline Super Stay Better Skin

These products have 4 main purposes: full coverage, long-lasting, light texture, and reduce the look of dark circles, spots and imperfections for better looking skin in just three weeks. Maybelline Super Stay Better Skin has foundation, concealer and powder. 
Maybelline Super Stay Better Skin Concealer + Corrector has 6 shades for you to choose the best one:
     No.10 - Ivory
     No.20 - Light
     No.30 - Light / Medium
     No.40 - Medium
     No.50 - Medium / Deep
     No.60 - Deep
I'm using Maybelline Super Stay Better Skin Concealer + Corrector No.30 (Light / Medium),  a little lighter than my skin tone, No.40 (Medium) matching 100% with my skin tone. Before using this product, I didn't like Maybelline New York anymore. But this product make me change my mind about this brand.
MY SKIN TYPE: Combination / Oily Skin, Sweating a lot
UNDERTONE: Neutral Warm
SKIN TONE: Medium


1. Packaging
The first thing I think about this product is blue. But to be honest, I dont really like this blue. On the body, we can see the name and main features (Oil - free and Actyl C) so clearly, right!!! And I think it's easy for us to take away.

And this is the brush inside. It is an intelligent design. That helps us apply concealer more easily and give us more natural finished look.


2. Texture and Smell
The texture is not light but not too thick and easy to blend (Whatever you use brush, sponge, puff or your fingers, it is always easy to blend out).
But if you have dry skin, it might be difficult for you to blend out.
Click the video below to see exactly how the texture it is ( If you can't see this video, please click the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B1Gg3BCwXE&feature=youtu.be )


At a few first time I used it, it smelled bad, like alcohol ( there is no alcohol in ingredients). But after a few times, it didn't smell anything.

3. Coverage
The coverage is from medium to high. You can build up for more coverage. Especially, no matter how much you build up, this product always give you very natural finish.
With dark circles under eyes, it can cover 80%. After using this concealer, I use Laneige BB Cushion. Both of them give me so natural finish. With the spots or acne bruises, it has high coverage. If you use the shade matching perfectly your skin tone, it can cover the spot and redness greatly and looks like your natural skin. But this concealer can't cover big acnes.

As you can see, all of my veins on the right side are covered

4. Long - lasting
I test this product by only using it without foundation and powder. In the hot and humid weather of Hanoi ( Vietnam) from April to October, on my sweaty and oily skin, it can last 3 - 4 hours. This is the reason why it's not really good in waterproof.  From November to March, the weather is cooler, it last 5 - 6 hours.
Note: I recommend you to use oil - control powder with this concealer, it can last more than 8 hours. It sounds so interesting, right!!!!

5. Ability to reduce the imperfections
This concealer is promoted to contain Actyl C ( a more durable form of Vitamin C), so it has antioxidant benefits, make your skin look better after using in just 3 weeks. But I don't believe this. In fact, this is the third Maybelline Super Stay Better Skin Concealer + Corrector I have used but I don't see any benefit from this product for my imperfections.

6. Swatch No.30 và No.40
When I apply on my skin

When I blend out
No.30 and No.40 are 2 adjacent shades but they are different a lot in color. Moreover, No.30 has peachy tone, No.40 has yellow tone.

CONCLUSION

*Pros:
- Plenty of shades which are suitable for many skin tones
- Light texture, easy to blend ( for normal to oily skin)
- Medium to high coverage
- Natural look
- Affordable price and good quality
* Cons:
- Don't be advisable for dry skin
- Smelling bad at a few times first using
- No oil - control powder, no too long - lasting ( not as good as "Super Stay")
- Much different between 2 adjacent shades.

Mark: 8/10
It is worth buying with its pros, right!!! I have bought it many times because all of the pros are appropriate for my makeup purpose.


Comment below ( please do not hesitate) if you have any question, recommend a product to me or review this product if you have used it:)


Thank you so much for supporting!!!
Love you guys,





No comments:

Post a Comment